- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup tuver daal
- 2 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons fresh curd
- 1 teaspoon ginger-chilli paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- ½ cup of mixed vegetables:
- brinjal etc
(Cut all vegetables in small pieces)
- Clean, wash tuver daal and rice then soak for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a shallow container then add mustard seeds, chilli-ginger paste, turmeric powder and stir fry. Add potatoes, stir fry. Then add rest of the vegetables and stir fry, keep aside.
- In pressure cooker, heat ghee, add rai, turmeric powder, cloves and cinnamon stick. Add soaked tuver daal, stir fry. Add half a cup of water and little salt, cover the lid!
- When little done, add the soaked and drained rice and seasonal vegetables, stir fry. Add chilli powder and coriander powder and stir. Add 4 cups of warm water and cook in the pressure cooker on full heat. After two whistles switch off the stove.
- When cooked, add the curd, stir well and garnish with coriander.
- Tasty Khichadi is ready!