“Khandvi” is a Gujarati Farsan (type of snacks / breakfast) item made from ingredients Gram Flour, curd, oil, spices etc… It looks like a small rolls garnished with spices…
Following is Gujarati cuisine “Khandvi”
- 1¼ cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 cup Yogurt
- small piece Ginger
- 2 Green Chillis
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1-2 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons scraped Coconut
- chopped Fresh Coriander leaves
- Grease the reverse side of a few thalis or marble table top with a little Oil.
- Sieve Besan and keep in a bowl. Grind Ginger and green Chillies.
- Then, make buttermilk with Yogurt and half a cup of water.
- Now, mix the Besan with Ginger-green Chilli paste, Salt, Turmeric powder, Lemon juice and Buttermilk. Take care that no lumps remain in mixture.
- Now, cook this mixture stirring continuously in a thick bottomed pan till it becomes a smooth thick batter.
- Now, quickly spread portions of the mixture over the greased thalis or marble table top as thinly as possible while the batter is still hot.
- When cool, cut them into strips of two inches wide and roll them tightly.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil and add a pinch of Asafoetida and Mustard seeds. When they splutter, pour it over the rolls.
- Garnish with scraped Coconut and chopped Coriander leaves.
- Tasty Khandvi is ready!