“Surati Locho” is a Gujarati Farsan (type of snacks / breakfast) item especially famous item of Surat (city of Gujarat) made from various Dal, Poha, oil, spices etc… very tasty Gujarati Fast food!
Following is Gujarati cuisine “Surati Locho”
- 1 cup Chana dal
- ½ cup Urad dal
- ½ cup Poha
- 2-3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Green Chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1-2 pinch Asafoetida
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon of Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Eno (Fruit Salt)
- Salt to taste
- For garnishing:
- ½ cup Coriander sauce
- ½ cup Coriander
- 4-5 Green Chilli
- Lemon juice
- 1 cup Nylon Sev
- Clean, wash and soak Chana dal & Urad dal for 5-6 hours in separate vessel. wet Poha ½ hour before cooking.
- Now, drain water and make paste of Chana dal & Urad dal in grinder.
- Then mix both paste with wet Poha and crush in grinder.
- Now, mix this paste in a bowl with Chilli & Ginger Paste, Asafoetida, Turmeric powder, Eno, Oil etc and mix them properly and make medium batter, if required, use water.
- Now, take a tray and place some oil in it. Then add batter in tray and make layer.
- Spread some Red Chilli powder & Pepper powder then steam fry it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out cooked mixture and break it into small pieces.
- Now, serve hot with fried Green Chilli by garnishing it with Coriander sauce, Lemon juice, Nylon Sev, Coriander leaves etc.
- Tasty Surati Locho is ready!