Garlic Potato (Lasaniya Bateta)
- 12-14 Baby Potatoes (boiled)
- 12-15 cloves Garlic
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1-inch Ginger (chopped)
- 3 Dry Kashmiri Red Chillies
- 1 medium Tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Dry red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons Oil
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Soak dry red chillies in 2-tablespoons water for 10 minutes.
- Boil baby potatoes until tender and peel its skin. (Consider adding salt while boiling potatoes, this will enhance its flavor.)
- Grind garlic, ginger, soaked dry red chilli, tomato, coriander powder, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and salt together in a grinder and make a smooth tomato-garlic paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Shallow fry boiled potatoes for 2 minutes over medium flame.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and garam masala over it and fry for 1 more minute. Turn off flame and transfer potatoes in a bowl.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in the same pan. Add finely chopped onion and cook until light brown.
- Add tomato-garlic paste and cook on low flame until oil starts to separate or for approx. 4-5 minutes.
- Add dry red chilli powder and mix well. Add shallow fried potatoes, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off flame and transfer prepared baby potatoes in a serving bowl. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Tasty Lasaniya batata is ready!